5.06.2015

Special Tinuom at Punot

One of the restaurants in the city that's truly worth recommending to visitors and everyone else is Punot. For years, it has become one of my favorites and has captured a lot more of local customers. Last week, Sir Jerome Samson and Ms. Ana Manansala asked me to join them for dinner. We met at The Riverside Boardwalk and went straight ahead to the balcony on the 2nd floor of Punot and enjoyed the nice view of the River Esplanade. 
I was surprised when they offered something special for that night- the Chicken Tinuom, a native dish from the nearby town of Cabatuan. Wrapped and cooked in banana leaves, this Ilonggo dish was just perfect for my guests. I even explained that we Ilonggos use the yellowish-green round Batuan, a native ingredient found only only Negros and Panay islands that adds a sour twist to any dish.
Among their salads, this Pomelo-Balingon Salad with Cashew nuts is always my choice. We have been talking about mangoes for the whole day but I believe that it adds warmth to our bodies unlike the Pomelo which is a cooling fruit. 
Baked Imbao or Mangrove shells
My ever-favorite Kare-kare (really to die for!)
Chocolate Pizza as conceptualized by Ms. Andrea
Thank you Punot for always being there to serve us not only good food but sumptuous Ilonggo dishes that we can really be proud of.

PUNOT: Flavors of Modern Iloilo
Riverside Boardwalk in Smallville Complex, Diversion Road, Mandurriao, Iloilo City

No comments: