San Jose Cafe in SM Southpoint

San Jose Cafe's 2nd branch opened at the Southpoint a few months ago. I have always liked its ambiance, feel and quality of coffee served. It's one of the local coffeeshops that's well-received by the Ilonggos. I guess one reasons for its success is the location though surrounded by many competitors, it's still somehow located just outside the mall where a lot of people go to. And the Southpoint is one of the places to be when you want to try new flavors and hang out outside the mall.
The look may be of a typical cafe but more importantly, the whole experience doesn't disappoint. One time after taking my father to Mandurriao early morning, I went around Diversion Road for some nice coffee to get rid of the "zombie feel". It looks like everybody's favorite and the first Starbucks in Iloilo at the mall's southpoint entrance has been closed- maybe for renovation has closed down. Anyways, that was the place to be if you want to have coffee as early as 7am within SM City Iloilo. Though the latest Starbucks to open is located inside the mall, I headed to Southpoint first to see if there was something open that early. Indeed there is! Only San Jose Cafe.
After deciding to stay there for my coffee fix, I went inside and surprisingly, it was quite cool already! Thanks heaven! It felt like I had the cafe to myself since I was the only customer but it was nice to see more people coming in soon. It simply shows that there is a market for early morning coffee in that area. Anyways, I don't really have much to say about the staff, they were nice and courteous, as expected of course.
There are also more things that I observe when checking out cafes for the first time aside from temperature and ambiance, it's their furniture, lighting, connectivity and whether or not they have newspapers. Yes,  just feel like it's integral for cafes to have newspapers. Though we now live in a modern world where even news is readily available online, I've always been a fan of the print industry. It's just so different. 
A mochachino for me, dear! To have freshly brewed coffee with milk in the morning is just divine! It's really like fuel that gets my system running sharply. Hahaha! I asked if they have a supplier for their cakes and the staff said that it came from their commissary, I thought it came from Maridel's because I saw this Potato Praline Cake, of course the famous one that earned Madame Maridel Uygongco a gold medal in a competition in Manila. I just didn't ask further if it also didn't have flour because I was more interested in the Banana cake, my favorite!  
After being away from the City of Love for almost six months, I know that I've missed a lot of cafe and restaurant openings. I've visited some already but I have more on my list. Seeing and experiencing various restaurants and cafes in Manila have given me a different perspective in doing what I like to do. Expect more from this site. :D